Saturday, December 24, 2011

Properly Cleaning Brushes and Makeup

       The absolute utmost important thing when you're a make-up artist is DISINFECTION!  I clean my brushes and makeup after every client. For myself, I clean them every two or three times. I do my makeup basically everyday so it gets a little tedious cleaning my entire kit that often but its well worth it. No one likes styes or eye infections.



I use these 70% alcohol pads on my brushes. I love how convienient they are and they get the job done. They come 100 in a pack, but it's basically like 200 because you can obviously use both sides so these last long for me. I also use them for my lipsticks :)

For my makeup I put 91% alcohol in a small 3oz plastic spray bottle and spritz it all over my palettes; my blushes, eyeshadows, cream eyeshadows and liners, anything. Plus you can decorate and personalize them! >.<



     I use Sephora's Daily Brush Cleaner when I've run out of rubbing alcohol. It's a quick way to clean the brushes if you don't have time to do a deep clean. I places my brushes over a paper towel, spray each brush once on both sides, then wipe. Sephora also has a Purifying Brush Shampoo which is for the deep clean you should do once a week or month depending ofcourse on how much y0u do your makeup.


So however long it takes you, just do it. You never know what germs you contract, even if they are your own. I know people who have used the same blushes for years and wonder why they are always breaking out on their cheeks. Its from the bacteria. Since we're on the subject of clean: Always change your mascara after 3 months. Germs can enter the tube through the air from pumping when you apply it to your lashes. If your mascara has even slightly started to clump up, throw it out! lol :) <3

No comments:

Post a Comment